WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF Breast REDUCTION?
Breast reduction surgery has and continues to help countless women take back their lives and start living again. In addition to physical hindrance, overdeveloped breasts can cause women a number of psychological issues as well. Studies show that after undergoing a breast reduction to remove excess breast tissue, the majority of patients experience a significant improvement in self-esteem and body image.
Below are some of the more common reasons why women choose to undergo breast reduction surgery in Austin:
- Chronic Pain – The weight of oversized breasts can cause many women to experience chronic or long-lasting pain in the back, neck, and shoulders, which can sometimes even lead to headaches. The physical discomfort and chronic pain caused by overdeveloped breasts can have a significantly negative effect on the overall quality of an individual’s life.
- Nerve Damage – Overly large breasts can cause a woman to alter her posture, with the shoulders rolled forward. This can put excessive pressure on an area in the upper body called the “thoracic outlet.” The extra pressure in this region can cause nerves and blood vessels to be compressed, resulting in pain or tingling in the upper extremities.
- Exercise Impediment – Large, pendulous breasts can become a substantial limitation on a woman’s ability to lead an active lifestyle. Large breasts can be a hindrance in physical exercises like running, jump roping, yoga, etc. This physical impediment, in addition to the self-consciousness that a woman may experience when partaking in these activities, can prevent an individual from enjoying the mental and physical benefits of leading a healthy, active life.
- Skin Irritations – It is not uncommon for women with oversized breasts to develop yeast infections, rashes, and other skin irritations beneath the breasts. It can be difficult to keep this area dry if sweat cannot evaporate. When this occurs, a heat rash can develop. Other skin issues include chafing, stretch marks, and deep grooves or indentations on the shoulders as a result of bra strap pressure.
- Psychological Issues – Women with excessively large breasts may suffer from a poor self-body image. Having extremely large breasts often affects the clothing choices a woman has and can cause her to feel self-conscious in certain situations, such as wearing a swimsuit. Some women may feel that their large breasts cause them unwanted attention, and in some cases, may even feel that they are being pigeonholed because of their large busts.
Breast reduction surgery in Austin can help address all of the above issues. The procedure is a great solution for alleviating a number of medical problems while allowing a woman to feel more comfortable and confident in her skin.